Leadership is a challenging business from which an unending stream of complications crop up. The Timoney Leadership Institute Advanced Leadership Programme has been designed to train leaders to grow and develop as they learn how to rise to these challenges.
Our programme will achieve this through insights and discussions with world-class professors from Harvard Business School, the IESE Business School, (ranked number one in the world in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 by the Financial Times for executive education) and several other leading business schools from across the world.
We have hosted our Advanced Leadership Programme annually since 2013, making the 2019 programme our sixth. Throughout this period we have developed the ALP into a great training experience for leaders.
Preliminary expression of interest for the 2019 ALP can be completed here. Don't hesitate to contact us for more information regarding the 2019 programme.
The dates of the 2019 Advanced Leadership Programme:
Introduction day: Tuesday 15th January
Module 1: Tuesday 12th - Wednesday 13th February
Module 2: Tuesday 12th - Wednesday 13th March
Module 3: Tuesday 9th - Wednesday 10th April
Module 4: Tuesday 14th - Thursday 16th May
Module 5: Tuesday 11th - Wednesday 12th June
Our training in Leadership is based on a combination of interactive case study discussions and lectures. Key topics that have a direct impact on the day-to-day running of your organisation will be explored and teased out. This will enhance your capacity to assess, evaluate, manage and solve issues that arise in your role as a leader. You will experience leading-edge thinking and discuss proven strategies and tactics for building a sustainable and healthy organisation.
By joining the Alumni Association upon completion of the Advanced Leadership Programme, you can avail of the many opportunities to continue exploring other dimensions of leadership through masterclasses and additional training modules.
Below we outline the key topics covered on the programme.
- Reflect on leadership values and style: keys to enhanced commitment
- Looking in the leadership mirror to understand your strengths and weaknesses
- Honing the art of crucial conversations within the organisation
- Achieving breakthrough service in the eyes of the customer
- Winning hearts and minds of customers
- Exploring how the best in the world do radical innovation in traditional industries
- Acquiring new concepts and tools to improve management control
- Improving decision-making and effective delegation
- Building and motivating winning teams that deliver real value
- Identifying and winning the loyalty of talented employees
- Uncovering how you as a leader can teach those you lead
“It suits people in businesses that are making decisions. You come with your pre-defined views - you may not leave with those… It’s not just one person at the top of the class changing that for you, it’s 35 people in the room, all moulding and forming those opinions for you.”