Leadership is a challenging occupation which requires resilience and a growth mindset. The Timoney Leadership Institute Advanced Leadership Programme has been specifically designed to provide leaders with the skills to meet these challenges confidently.
Our leadership programme will achieve this by drawing out key insights from discussions with your peers, leaders from a diverse range of sectors and organisations. Learning sessions are facilitated by world-class professors from Harvard Business School, the IESE Business School, (ranked number one in the world for the past 5 years by the Financial Times for executive education) and several other leading business schools.
Our Advanced Leadership Programme has been held annually since 2013, making the 2020 programme our 8th. Our programme is an excellent and enjoyable training experience. Leaders who are keen to learn can extract a lot of value from this experience.
Don't hesitate to contact us for more information regarding the 2020 programme. You can fill out the 2020 Application Form here.
The dates of the 2020 Advanced Leadership Programme are as follows:
Introductory Day: Friday 6 December 2019 - The K Club
Module 1: Tuesday 21st - Wednesday 22nd January - The K Club
Module 2: Monday 24th - Tuesday 25th February - The K Club
Module 3: Tuesday 24th - Wednesday 25th March- The K Club
Module 4: Tuesday 21st - Wednesday 22nd April - The K Club
Module 5: Tuesday 19th - Thursday 21st May - San Telmo, Seville
Module 6: Thursday 18th - Friday 19th June- - IESE Business School, Barcelona
The Timoney Advanced Leadership Programme is a blended training programme consisting in a mix of interactive practical business case study discussions, lectures, executive coaching and collaborative workshops. Key leadership topics that have a direct impact on the strategic direction of your organisation will be explored and teased out, drawing on the experience of the leaders attending. Practical insights will emerge which you can apply across all aspects of general management of your organisation. This will enhance your capacity to assess, evaluate, decide and manage issues that arise in your role as a leader. You will experience leading-edge thinking and discuss proven strategies and tactics for building a sustainable organisation that stays healthy and is fit to face the challenges today's volatile environment continues to produce.
By joining our Alumni Association upon completion of the Advanced Leadership Programme, you can explore further dimensions of leadership through masterclasses, training modules in IESE, short focussed programmes and many informal networking opportunities with an extensive network of leaders around Ireland and beyond. The network of leaders who participate in an ongoing way is an invaluable resource for continuous learning, advise and development opportunities.
The focus of the ALP is on Leadership. We look at an array of general management topics from the perspective of who you as a leader. We explore what you need to focus on, the questions you need to ask yourself and your team and the attitudes and mindset you need to develop to best fulfil your mission in leading the organisation or the part of an organisation you are entrusted with. These are some of the key themes covered over the 6 modules:
- Reflect on your leadership values and style: gain a better self-awareness of yourself and your role as a leader
- Looking in the leadership mirror to understand your strengths and weaknesses.
- Honing the art of crucial conversations within the organisation to lead, to facilitate, to address issues in a timely fashion
- Identifying the key habits and behaviours to be an authentic leader.
- Achieving breakthrough service in the eyes of your customers and stakeholders
- Winning the hearts and minds of customers you serve
- Exploring how the best in the world do radical innovation in traditional industries
- Understanding and engaging with disruptive innovation
- Acquiring new concepts and tools to improve your management control in an age of soft power leadership
- Improving decision-making and effective delegation
- Capturing and creating value through innovation
- Unleashing the entrepreneurs within your organisation
- Building and motivating winning teams that deliver real value
- Identifying and winning the loyalty of talented employees
- Uncovering how you as a leader can teach those you lead
- Managing performance and stress as a leader and as a team
- Developing critical thinking and good governance practices within your organisation
Fill in the online application form here.
1. Call us now for an initial conversation to assess your needs
2. Complete the online application process
3. Meet with one of our Programme Directors
4. Sign up and pay your €1,000 deposit
5. Put the dates in your diary.
The programme fee includes:
- Lectures and training for 6 modules
- All course materials from faculty and mentoring from faculty
- Executive Coaching - 3 sessions
- Personality Assessment and debriefing
- Access to our online platform and alumni directory
- Accommodation in K Club, Barcelona & Seville - 9 nights in total
- Meals & hospitality throughout the programme
The fee for 2020 is €16,850
It can be treated as a training expense for tax purposes
Full fee is payable by 31 December 2019.
If necessary please discuss with us a staged payment plan.
Sometimes we all get absorbed with managing client relationships and managing teams and not having a vision for the longer term, and that's what this course gives you.
“It suits people in businesses that are making decisions. You come with your pre-defined views - you may not leave with those… It’s not just one person at the top of the class changing that for you, it’s 35 people in the room, all moulding and forming those opinions for you.”
"Leading other people depends on personal qualities" Dr Alberto Ribera, IESE Business School and lecturer on the Timoney Advanced Leadership Programme shares some insights into the importance of self knowledge, self awareness and character development for leaders
“The Harvard style model of learning is fantastic. Traditionally when you go into meetings and work with people on action, it’s all about what’s the answer to the problem, but here it’s about what’s the question… I’ve learnt an awful lot and I’d highly recommend it.”
I've had a university education, I've gone to the Law Society, I've gone to courses everywhere, but nothing compares to what I've learned here over the last 5 months. Before I've actually finished this course I've implemented changes, so you can't back track from that.