Leadership is a challenging occupation that requires resilience and a growth mindset. The Timoney Leadership Institute Advanced Leadership Programme has been specifically designed to provide leaders with the skills to meet these challenges confidently as we emerge from the uncertainty of the pandemic.
Our leadership programme will achieve this by drawing out key insights from discussions with your peers, leaders from a diverse range of sectors and organisations. Learning sessions are facilitated by world-class professors from Harvard Business School, the IESE Business School, (ranked number one in the world for the past 6 years by the Financial Times for executive education) and several other leading business schools.
The 2022 Advanced Leadership Programme which starts in May 2022 will be our 10th programme. It is an inspiring and enjoyable training experience for Leaders who are keen to learn and to invest in their own development.
Don't hesitate to contact us for more information regarding the 2022 programme. You can fill out an Expression of Interest form here.
Commencing in late Spring 2022 the location for the modules for the Advanced Leadership Programme are as follows:
Introductory Day: April 26th Kilkea Castle & Golf Resort
Module 1: May 17th & 18th Kilkea Castle & Golf Resort
Module 2: June 13th & 14th Kilkea Castle & Golf Resort
Module 3: 21st to 23rd September. IESE Business School, Barcelona
Module 4: October 17th to 20th San Telmo Business School, Seville
Module 5: November 22nd & 23rd Kilkea Castle & Golf Resort
Module 6: December 15th & 16th Kilkea Castle & Golf Resort
The Timoney Advanced Leadership Programme is a blended training programme consisting in a mix of interactive practical business case study discussions, lectures, executive coaching and collaborative workshops.
Key leadership topics that have a direct impact on the strategic direction of your organisation will be explored and teased out, drawing on the experience of the leaders attending. Practical insights will emerge which you can apply across all aspects of general management of your organisation.
This will enhance your capacity to assess, evaluate, decide and manage issues that arise in your role as a leader. You will experience leading-edge thinking and discuss proven strategies and tactics for building a sustainable organisation that stays healthy and is fit to face the challenges today's volatile environment continues to produce.
By joining our Alumni Association upon completion of the Advanced Leadership Programme, you can explore further dimensions of leadership through masterclasses, training modules in IESE, short focused programmes and many informal networking opportunities with an extensive network of leaders around Ireland and beyond.
The network of leaders who participate in an ongoing way is an invaluable resource for continuous learning, advise and development opportunities.
The focus of the ALP is on Leadership. We look at an array of general management topics from the perspective of who you as a leader. We explore what you need to focus on, the questions you need to ask yourself and your team and the attitudes and mindset you need to develop to best fulfil your mission in leading the organisation or the part of an organisation you are entrusted with. These are some of the key themes covered over the 6 modules:
- Reflect on your leadership values and style: gain a better self-awareness of yourself and your role as a leader
- Looking in the leadership mirror to understand your strengths and weaknesses.
- Honing the art of crucial conversations within the organisation to lead, to facilitate, to address issues in a timely fashion
- Identifying the key habits and behaviours to be an authentic leader
- Achieving breakthrough service in the eyes of your customers and stakeholders
- Winning the hearts and minds of customers you serve
- Exploring how the best in the world do radical innovation in traditional industries
- Understanding and engaging with disruptive innovation
- Acquiring new concepts and tools to improve your management control in an age of soft power leadership
- Improving decision-making and effective delegation
- Capturing and creating value through innovation
- Unleashing the entrepreneurs within your organisation
- Building and motivating winning teams that deliver real value
- Identifying and winning the loyalty of talented employees
- Uncovering how you as a leader can teach those you lead
- Managing performance and stress as a leader and as a team
- Developing critical thinking and good governance practices within your organisation